Front end and backend processing in house Small lots (batches) we also address post-processing including high temperature (300 to 1400o C) annealing with inert gases as needed.
From customer-supplied architecture (GDS-II data), logic diagrams, or equivalent we design, layout, produce lithography mask to pattern the required thin film layers.
Feature sizes are from < t 1µ (0.5µ R&D) to > 500 microns.
Our standard tools, complemented with specialized R/D and manufacturing equipment allows non commodity devices processing or development from an idea to salable product.
We process 50 mm to 200 mm and various square/rectangle substrates (silicon solar cells, glass touch keyboards, ceramic hybrids etc.).
ELume targets products from a single mask step (1 layer) to successive mask steps (multiple layers).
The layers can be oxides, nitrides, metals coupled to a variety of spin-on materials.
On request we perform physical, optical, and electrical parametric testing (SEM analysis) as needed... Prototype device evaluation and packaging is available including wire bonding, die attach and UV curing... wafer thinning <100 microns, dicing, and polishing as well as micro particle blasting.
Class 100 Environment
- RCA (modified) substrate cleaning
- Plasma etching of polymers (surface cleaning)
- Sputtering of low temp (< 100°C) dielectrics. See General Materials .
- Low energy sputter etch of oxides, nitrides, glass and metals
- Several 3-gun systems RF/DC reactive (load locked) sputtering with insitu etching, optional substrate heating to 600°C substrate size from 1-12" (25-300mm), various other machines for R&D to production (consult ELume) Ion beam or filament (multi-source) evaporation, substrate size from 1-12" (25-300mm)
- Pos/neg and photo-imagable polyimide-based resist systems
- Multilevel photolithography (patterning* - 3 aligners) down to 0.8µ lines and spaces for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12" substrates, and up to 8" square or rectangular.
* NOTE: We have one cannon reduction stepper for 3" wafer and odd sized substrates. Minimum geometry .5µ lines and spaces.
- Primarily used for R&D micro-display and IC development.
- Wet and/or dry etching (RIE)
- "Hotwall" evaporation of II-VI materials, (doped) phosphors for flat-panel display applications and x-ray screens, photovoltaic and piezo sensors.
- Gold, copper, nickel, rhodium, electroless plating
- Metallurgy, vacuum annealing, sintering, recrystalizing, other high-temp processes to 1200°C
- Reactive ion etching (RIE), oxides, polymers, nitrides, glass
- High-temperature diffusion, various materials (call for info)
- Thermal oxidation, 200Å to 2µ
- Diffusion (call ELume)
- LPCVD nitride, oxinitride and oxide, 200Å to 2µ (4 and 5" wafers) (6 and 8" wafers)
- Wafer probing (DC test)
- Dicing / sawing
- Die attach, wire bonding and UV curing
- Photoimagable polyimides, series 1, 1-25µ
- Photoimagable polyimides, series 2, 25-150µ (new process)
- Photoimagable BCB (excellent for planarization - substitute for CMP)
Spin on glass (SOG) oxides 500Å to 2.2µ Teflon AF 500Å to 3µ (k=1.9), various polyimides and silicones for (interlayer) dielectric for planarizing, passivation, stress buffer (wafer thinning) purposes as well as standoffs / spacers for flat panel displays (contact ELume for details).