ELume primarily processes silicon and glass (50-200mm). In addition we can process Alumina, P(L)ZT, sapphire, silicon carbide, lithium niobate and flexible polymer substrates that withstand 450°C. Technology implementation is that of a typical foundry. The difference is that ELume focuses on product/process development, first article, small lots to pilot plant production. We continually try to develop new (unique) processes. Once proven to be cost effective and yield enhancing they are transferred into the mainstream production program. We are not dependent on one specific process, technology or market segment.
- Oxidation (thermal)
- Oxidation (wet/dry)
- Diffusion (spin on)
- Nitride/OxyNitride (LPCVD)
- Multi-level metalization (sputtering/etching) or evaporation
- Multi-level photolithography down to 1µ (0.5µ R&D)
- Glass mask development
- GDS-II or equivalent data conversion for mask layout
- Reactive ion etching RIE
- Wet and/or dry etching
- Wafer/die probing
- Group II-VI materials "hot wall" processing
- Wafer scribing/thinning
- Wire (die) bonding
- Die packaging
- Electronic circuit design and analysis
- Surface analysis includes SEM/EDAX, DEKTAK, Ellipsometry, IR, etc.
- Materials formulation
- Processes are performed in Class 100 clean rooms that are humidity and temperature controlled.
Silicon Wafer Fabrication - Glass Wafer Fabrication - Alumina / PLZT / Sapphire / Silicon Carbide / Lithium Niobate - Substrate Processing